Wednesday 30 March 2011

Captain Marvel


Yesterday evening, Steve phoned me to say that he'd found two decent birds on Derek Whites Egg's Pits, which should be viewable from the plateau at The Lodge. Unfortunately, I had already arrived home, having started work early. Ever intrepid, he came back to The Lodge and soon after, I received a text to say that Little Ringed Plover and Mediterranean Gull were now on our list.


What a star!


How I'd love to be a fly on the wall at The Nunnery this morning.


(Edit - No shots of the LRP, but I did get one of the Med Gulls...Capt. Marvel)

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm... LP might be gettable if we maintain our intense coverage of the reserve over the next month but MU are like hen's teeth here (despite being regular at Livermere, just down the road). Only consolation this am was Blackcap for my personal Lakes year list, now 93. Your Lodge list, Darren?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Nick, now on 90 following Oystercatcher and Blackcap yesterday. LRP is a little out of range for my Leica APO Televid 62, even on 60x zoom. I'll have to borrow Steve's Swaro Bazooka...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "LRP is a little out of range for my Leica APO Televid 62, even on 60x zoom" - outrageous... we suspected as much looking on a map! Hope Steve's a good digiscoper ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps You're welcome to be a fly on the wall at The Nunnery: Musca oakleymartinensis OTL

    ReplyDelete