Wednesday 26 January 2011

Virtual Lakes tour: Part I

Clearly another slow day today: I resorted to taking photos of scenery. If you look really hard though, you might see some of the highlights of my BirdTrack list for the day: Coot, Black-headed Gull and possibly even an uber-gripping Egyptian Goose tucked up in the island... be still my beating heart.

Anyway it does present the perfect opportunity for the first part of an exciting virtual Nunnery Lakes tour. And where more logical to start than the imaginatively named 'D Lake'? Yes you spotted the irony. Crap name or not, this is where it all happens when it comes to waterfowl; my one and only Lakes Smew (a cracking white nun at that), the spot for Goldeneye (where are you when we need you?) and the place where we'll finally nail Shoveler for the year (I predict September...). Today? 3 Goosanders and a modest group of 4 Gadwall. Hmmm...

2 comments:

  1. What I'd like to know is if Dawn finds a Firecrest whilst at The Lodge next week when she delivers her Bird Atlas seminar, would she suppress it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't speak for Dawn but I know I will if I find one when I'm there doing the same later in Feb ;-)

    ReplyDelete