Friday 21 January 2011

Golden Bins slums it with the hoi-polloi

Mark 'Golden Bins' Ward, who can't leave the house without jamming in on a BB rare, has had his birding career shattered into tiny pieces when it was revealed that he ticked Feral Pigeon for the RSPB team at The Lodge today.

When contacted by BirdGuides to verify the rumour, Mark replied ''I couldn't help it. I had an eyelash in the corner of my eye, so I held my head back and bathed it with Optrex. It was at that point that the *******s flew over. I feel so ashamed.'' 

3 comments:

  1. Coincidentally, I was reviewing my Nunnery list a couple of weeks ago and noticed a livia-shaped gap in it too. Referring back to my BirdTrack records however reminded me that I'd had a few! (Of course, the issue of what counts as a tickable feral pigeon can be contentious...) Anyway, still in 5th place but just 2 off joint 4th and 3 off joint 3rd (per www.bubo.org, the antidote to useful data collection...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Referring back to my BirdTrack records however reminded me that I'd had a few!" Nice to see hard evidence of the sobering influence of BirdTrack, Andy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 21 days to notch up (not) Fer(e)al Pigeon, Lodgers?! Rearrange the following words to make a well-know phrase or saying: "towel the throw in".

    ReplyDelete