Saturday 2 April 2011

Happy couples

A quick drive down the Nunnery Lakes track this morning (on my way back from following up a report of a Great Bustard for the third time this week... still not lucky though!) produced a couple of decent sightings. A pair of Shovelers on D Lake were my first of the year on the reserve; not exactly cooperative but I managed the archetypal record shot of the male:

A pair of Grey Partridges, my first on (rather than from) the reserve, were equally uncooperative, though I did manage a couple of 'action shots' through the windscreen, to help The Lodgers work out what this species looks like ;)

Having texted Neil about the Shoveler (he's new to this Lakes listing lark, you see), I thought I'd go home for a nice, relaxing breakfast...

No comments:

Post a Comment