Saturday 26 February 2011

I had a dream

I woke up in a panic the other day, convinced that Darren had come back from a bout of ill health (BirdTrack-Challenge-stress induced?) to find that his colleagues had recorded another 14 bird species in his absence... and consequently the Lodgers shot into a sizeable lead in the blink of an eye! I guess my nightmare could still come true as I notice Dunlin hasn't made it on to the Lodge list yet (despite being new for the Lodge master list?) ;-)

Back in the real world, Nunnery Lakes uber-lister John Marchant weighed in with his first contribution to the list on Friday: Oystercatcher - right on cue. John is a purist when it comes to Lakes listing - he doesn't live close enough to Thetford for pre-work / weekend visits (a.k.a 'cheating'!); his momentous list of 163 has been amassed almost exclusively in lunch-hours. John's number one Lakes bogey-bird is Peregrine... we could do with that one falling in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment