Wednesday 22 June 2011

Passage waders

Nipped out at lunchtime to look for the Green Sandpiper Dawn found yesterday morning; the 'Wimbledon weather' ensured that I came back soaked to the skin but at least the bird was there. Some waders are clearly already southbound... which means even more regular checking of the flood (which, thankfully, is far less overgrown than this at the moment!):


Messing about with new BirdTrack Explore My Records tool produced the graph below, showing all my Lakes records of 'passage' waders (i.e. Little Ringed Plover, Ruff, Jack Snipe, Redshank, Greenshank, Common, Green and Wood Sandpipers) since July '09. Apart from the obvious, it also shows that I was a bit slack at birding the Lakes in my first 2 Julys at the BTO...


Oh and one last thing - a bit of moth record-updating put the TEAL list to 998 so we're perfectly poised for the big 1000 by half time!

No comments:

Post a Comment